Stephen King, Steven Spielberg Team on Showtime Drama Series
DreamWorks Television on board to produce an adaptation of the 2009 novel "Under the Dome."
Stephen King and Steven Spielberg are at it again.
The duo who previously teamed on The Talisman are developing a drama series based on King’s 2009 novel Under the Dome.
The project, which will be produced by DreamWorks Television, revolves around locals a Maine locale who battle each other when a force field surrounds their town and cuts them off from the remainder of the world.
King will executive produce along with DreamWorks TV’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. No writer is currently attached.
DreamWorks TV also produces Spielberg’s TNT alien invasion drama Falling Skies, which was recently picked up for a second season, and had the Toni Collette dramedy United States of Tara at Showtime.
King and Peter Straub’s fantasy novel The Talisman was published in 1984, which TNT developed into a six-part miniseries in 2006; the project was ultimately scraped due to budget concerns.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)