Stephen Rea, Lindsay Duncan Join Maggie Gyllenhaal in Spy Thriller Miniseries
The pair is among a cast of nearly 100 for Hugo Blick's "The Honourable Woman," a Sundance Channel co-production for the BBC with U.K.'s Drama Republic.
LONDON -- Stephen Rea (The Shadow Line), Lindsay Duncan (White Heat) and Janet McTeer (Damages) have signed up alongside Maggie Gyllenhaal to star in TV miniseries The Honourable Woman.
The eight-part miniseries is described as a fast-paced British spy thriller set against an international political backdrop.
BAFTA winner Hugo Blick (The Shadow Line) has written the script and is directing and executive producing alongside Drama Republic's Greg Brenman (Billy Elliot).
Set to begin shooting in the British capital on July 29, Abi Bach (Small Island) is on board to produce the Sundance and BBC Worldwide North America co-production.
The project is from Blicks' Eight Rooks banner and Drama Republic for the U.K. public broadcaster's BBC Two channel and is co-produced by Sundance Channel.
Others cast for the show that boasts almost 100 in its ranks include Andrew Buchan (TV's Broadchurch), Katherine Parkinson (TV's Sherlock) and Belgian actress Lubna Azabal (Incendies).
Tobias Menzies is also cast, having previously worked with Gyllenhaal on the movie Hysteria.
It will air in the U.S. and BBC Two in the U.K. in 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)