Steve Jobs 'Saturday Night Live' Skit Hits Web (Video)
The unaired clip featured the cast taking on the roles of Mark Zuckerberg, Arianna Huffington, Reed Hastings, and Rupert Murdoch.
An unaired skit from the Oct. 15 Anna Faris-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live was released on Tuesday, showing a fitting tribute to the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
“SNL was repeat this week but enjoy Charlie Rose talking Steve Jobs in #CutFromDress sketch,” Seth Meyers wrote on Twitter.
The clip shows other titans of tech, including Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (Andy Samberg), Huffington Post Editor-in-Chief Arianna Huffington (Nasim Pedrad), Netflix CEO Reed Hastings (Jason Sudeikis), and News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch (Fred Armisen) in an interview with Charlie Rose (Bill Hader).
Rose asks the high-profile characters what Jobs taught them.
“Mr. Jobs taught me that you could bring beauty to the world of technology,” says Zuckerberg, who “dressed up” for the occasion.
“Facebook.com started off as a simple user friendly website, but now it’s just a mess,” he also says
“I’ve been to the Huffington Post office maybe 10 or five times,” says Huffington, whose over-pronunciation by Pedrad is spot-on.
“He had great ideas, he worked incredibly hard and he never compromised. He set an annoyingly high standard of integrity,” says Hastings.
“We suck right now,” said Hastings. “Comparing Apple to Netflix is like comparing apples to oranges. Especially if the oranges made so many mistakes that people stopped eating oranges and went back to Blockbuster.”
Watch the full clip below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws