Steve McPherson Sells Amanda Knox-Inspired Thriller to Fox
"Guilt" follows an overseas American student whose roommate is murdered.
Former ABC executive Steve McPherson has sold another project, this time to Fox.
Hailing from Lionsgate TV and Wonder Monkey, the thriller Guilt follows an American student studying overseas in London, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
When her roommate from Ireland is murdered, she finds herself a main suspect at the center of media scrutiny, just as with the real-life Amanda Knox story that dominated headlines.
The project, from writers Nichole Millard and Kathryn Price, is expected to delve into how the murder affects different groups of people, from the family to the police. Millard and Price executive produce with McPherson.
This marks the latest of several sales McPherson has made thus far this development season. McPherson, who inked partnership deals with Lionsgate TV and Fox earlier this year, is also teaming with The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki to executive produce a comedy at Fox, and has Sister Whipped at CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack