Steve McPherson Sells Amanda Knox-Inspired Thriller to Fox
"Guilt" follows an overseas American student whose roommate is murdered.
Former ABC executive Steve McPherson has sold another project, this time to Fox.
Hailing from Lionsgate TV and Wonder Monkey, the thriller Guilt follows an American student studying overseas in London, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
When her roommate from Ireland is murdered, she finds herself a main suspect at the center of media scrutiny, just as with the real-life Amanda Knox story that dominated headlines.
The project, from writers Nichole Millard and Kathryn Price, is expected to delve into how the murder affects different groups of people, from the family to the police. Millard and Price executive produce with McPherson.
This marks the latest of several sales McPherson has made thus far this development season. McPherson, who inked partnership deals with Lionsgate TV and Fox earlier this year, is also teaming with The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki to executive produce a comedy at Fox, and has Sister Whipped at CBS.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)