Steven Seagal's 'True Justice' Gets Second Season at Reelz
The cabler has picked up an additional 13 episodes of the crime-fighting drama.
Steven Seagal will be back with more justice on ReelzChannel.
The cable network Thursday renewed the crime-fighting series True Justice, its first original scripted drama.
The series, which stars Seagal as Elijah Kane, leader of a team of undercover cops that takes on local criminals in an effort to clean up the streets, will return with 13 additional episodes.
Since its March 30 premiere, True Justice has continued to grow, with its most recent third episode becoming Reelz's highest-rated program of the year, notching more than 1.2 million viewers.
"We are very excited about the strong viewer response to True Justice,” Reelz senior vp programming Matthew Singerman said in announcing the news Thursday. "The audience growth in just three episodes demonstrates that this show is striking a chord with our viewers and more people every week are becoming fans, so Reelz is stepping up to take viewers deeper into the electrifying world of Steven Seagal's crime-fighting saga."
Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip Goldfine executive produce the series, with Keoni Waxman on board as co-exec producer/director.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR