'Strike Back' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Cinemax
The U.K. co-production will air its final 10 episodes in 2014.
Cinemax is closing its doors on Strike Back, renewing the action drama for a fourth and final season.
The cable network announced Monday that the U.K. co-production will wrap its run with 10 new episodes set for 2014.
Left Bank's Andy Harries will return as executive producer, producer Michael Casey and head of production Marigo Kehoe; Sky's Cameron Roach will executive produce. Michael J. Bassett will also return as co-EP, writer, director, and James Dormer as co-EP and writer. Returning cast and crew will be announced at a later date.
Season one of the Cinemax version is a co-production with Sky and inspired by the British version, Strike Back: Origins, which starred The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln and The Hobbit's Richard Armitage. Cinemax recently picked up the six-episode Origins for a stateside run that started Oct. 25.
Strike Back was the first collaboration between Cinemax/HBO and Sky. The series was the cable network's first foray into original primetime scripted programming. The network now has originals Banshee (which will return for its second season in 2014) and Steven Soderbergh's Clive Owen original drama The Knick, also set for 2014. On the development side, Cinemax is prepping drama pilot Quarry.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack