'Strike Back's' Rhona Mitra to Co-Star in TNT's Michael Bay Pilot 'The Last Ship'
She joins "Grey's Anatomy's" Eric Dane in the Navy drama based on William Brinkley's novel.
Rhona Mitra has boarded TNT's The Last Ship.
Based on the William Brinkley novel, The Last Ship centers on a global catastrophe that nearly obliterates the Earth's population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors.
Strike Back's Mitra will play Rachel Scott, a direct, strong-willed, intelligent and fearless paleomicrobiologist in the drama executive produced by Michael Bay.
Grey's Anatomy alum Eric Dane will star in the project as Tom Chanler, the commanding officer of the USS Nathan James who's married with two young daughters.
Last Ship hails from Platinum Dunes' Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) with Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace) and Steven Kane (The Closer) serving as executive producers. Steinberg and Kane co-wrote the pilot, which Bay will produce.
Repped by Untitled, Ken McReddie in the U.K. and Baker Winokur, Mitra's credits include Boston Legal andThe Gates.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR