Study: Fall's Most Anticipated New Shows Revealed
Fans are eagerly awaiting reboots "Charlie's Angels" and "Prime Suspect" as well as J.J. Abrams' "Person of Interest" this fall.
If you believe Tivo's latest study, viewers are clamoring for ABC's Charlie's Angels reboot.
According to the study of Tivo users, NBC's Maria Bello vehicle Prime Suspect and CBS' JJ Abrams thriller Person of Interest outrank big budget efforts Terra Nova and Pan Am to tie as the second most anticipated new series of the fall.
Among the returning crop, top rated NCIS came in above a rebooted CSI --now starring Ted Danson-- as the drama viewers are most looking forward to reengaging with this season. On the comedy side, Modern Family outpaced an Ashton Kutcher-led Two and a Half Men as the most anticipated comedy.
Fortunately for Men's new star, 35 percent of the study's respondents say Kutcher is the comedic actor they're most looking forward to watching this fall. Up All Night's Will Arnett garnered 11 percent of those votes, placing him at No. 2 ahead of bold face names including Tim Allen, Hank Azaria and Christina Applegate.
As far as genres go, nearly one third of Tivo's respondents said they will be watching crime dramas this fall, with another 22 percent acknowledging that they can't get enough reality TV. Interestingly, when asked to define guilty pleasure television, the leading response was the crime dramas (reality placed third behind sitcoms).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR