'Stupid Hype' Full-Length Trailer Debuts (Exclusive Video)
"Hart of Dixie's" Wilson Bethel, starring as an early '90s breakdancer turned rising rap star in the digital series, launches a two-minute teaser exclusive to THR.
Hart of Dixie's Wilson Bethel is heading back to the '90s with his new digital series Stupid Hype.
If you thought his latest project was anything like his character Wade on The CW drama, you will be in for a pleasant surprise.
Centered on the (mis)adventures of an ex-breakdancer turned up-and-coming rap star in 1990 who loses everything, Stupid Hype -- one of The CW Digital Studio's first projects -- has everything from crazy hairstyles (Bethel included), colorful wardrobe (look at those jackets!), cameos and all of that early '90s flair.
The Hollywood Reporter has the first full-length trailer for Bethel's latest project (watch above), which features original music from the actor and his brother Charlie Bethel (aka Chuck Wild), and it's a doozy. Here are some highlights from the trailer:
- 0:27: "Yeah boyyyy!"
- 0:52: Welcome to the party, Jon Huertas (Castle).
- 1:09: Who's the "Grand Master" now? Flavor Flav, of course.
This isn't Bethel's first go-around with digital content; he was the brains behind Rachel Bilson's viral music video "Call Me Doctor" released last year.
Stupid Hype, co-created and directed by Dugan O'Neal, will premiere at the New York Television Festival on Oct. 26 and will launch on The CW's website later this fall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR