'Suburgatory,' 'Grey's Anatomy' Director Inks Development Deal With ABC Studios
Julie Anne Robinson has signed a one-year pact to develop new projects for the studio and a blind pilot directing commitment.
Hot director Julie Anne Robinson has inked a one-year overall deal with ABC Television Studios.
Under the pact, which includes a blind pilot directing commitment, Robinson will exclusively develop original material for the studio.
Robinson has been a go-to director for the studio, most recently helming pilots for freshman Sarah Chalke comedy How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life and the network's comedy staple The Middle.
Her credits include directing multiple episodes of ABC's top drama, Grey's Anatomy, and Showtime's Weeds as well as installments of Suburgatory, 2 Broke Girls and Pan Am. On the feature side, she's helmed one for the Money and The Last Song.
Robinson, a theater veteran, spent several years working at the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Royal Court and the National Theater, where she worked alongside Sam Mendes, Harold Pinter and Stephen Daldry.
Robinson is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Independent Talent Group in the U.K.
She becomes the latest to develop work for the Disney-owned studio, joining Private Practice scribes Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins, as well as The Office head writer Daniel Chun, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)