'Suburgatory' Lands Malin Akerman as Tessa's Mother
The actress will play the role of Alex in the ABC comedy.
Suburgatory has found Tessa's mother -- and it's a doozy.
Malin Akerman has landed the pivotal role of Alex on ABC's sophomore comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Her character, described as a "beautiful and free-spirited singer-songwriter" who has never met her daughter, will appear in the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes of the upcoming season as TVLine first reported. She has a need to form a relationship with Tessa (Jane Levy) with the hope that their troubled past won't resurface.
Akerman, who was cast in a lead role in the ABC comedy pilot The Smart One opposite Portia De Rossi this past cycle, stars in Adult Swim's Childrens Hospital and appeared in films like Rock of Ages, Wanderlust, Couples Retreat and 27 Dresses.
Suburgatory returns in October on ABC in the post-Modern Family slot.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR