'Suits,' 'Burn Notice' Summer Finales Hit Ratings Gold
The two USA Network dramas post season highs for their midseason closers.
USA Network hit the goldmine with Burn Notice and Suits.
The summer finales for the two Thursday night dramas posted season highs, with Suits powering USA as the top cable and broadcast network among the adults 18-49 and 25-54 demos for the 10 p.m. hour.
At 9 p.m., Burn Notice's midseason closer drew a high of 5 million total viewers for season six, up 14 percent from the previous episode and a 13 percent improvement from last year's comparable hour. (The viewership for Thursday's episode was on par with the fifth episode of the season.) In the demos, the spy drama led by Jeffrey Donovan saw increases from the penultimate episode: adults 18-49, up 13 percent (1.7 million), and adults 25-54, up 10 percent (1.9 million).
That led to the sophomore summer finale of Suits, which drew a season high when it averaged 4.5 million viewers, topping all other competition in its 10 p.m. time slot. The legal drama outgrew its previous episode and had massive double-digit jumps compared to the season one finale among the key demos. Among adults 18-49, Suits drew 1.9 million, up 8 percent from the previous week and a 30 pecent improvement from last season.
According to social TV tracker Trendrr, Suits ranked as the third top TV show on social media.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10