Secret 'Seinfeld' Project Finally Revealed During Super Bowl (Video)
Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Wayne Knight all reprised their roles from the beloved hit series in a spot that aired Sunday.
After many teases and mysterious photos, the highly anticipated Seinfeld reunion was unveiled Sunday during Super Bowl XLVIII.
Jerry Seinfeld teased the reunion last week in an interview in which he refused to confirm or deny that it was a spot for the Super Bowl or an episode of his web series, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee -- turned out it was both.
Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Wayne Knight all reprised their roles from the beloved hit series, which aired from 1989-98 on NBC, in a spot that aired Sunday.
Jerry (Seinfeld) and George (Alexander) return to Tom's Restaurant, where Jerry explains the -- rather funny -- reasons that George didn't get invited to a Super Bowl party at the Wassersteins. Among them? George apparently "overcheered and ruined the whole party" two years ago. He also "availed himself of the toilet in their master bedroom."
Newman (Knight) then makes an appearance. And yes, Seinfeld utters the line, "Newman!"
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee's season-three finale debuts Feb. 6 at 12 p.m. ET.
The web series, from Crackle, also welcomed this season Louis C.K., Tina Fey, Jay Leno, Patton Oswalt and Todd Barry. Comedians recently topped 25 million streams, making it Crackle's No. 1 original series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR