Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco on Sunday's Power Outage: 'It Was Kind of Funny' (Video)
"My dad is a big conspiracy theorist," the Baltimore Ravens quarterback tells David Letterman of the 35-minute outage.
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco found Sunday's power outage in the Superdome -- which delayed the Super Bowl for 35 minutes -- somewhat humorous.
Flacco, who also was named MVP of Super Bowl XLVII, appeared on Monday's Late Show With David Letterman, where the host asked if he found the outage "unnerving."
"I just thought it was a little strange," Flacco said. "It was kind of funny. I mean, some of our guys had a good time with it. Jacoby [Jones] is from New Orleans, so he started to look into the crowd and get them all going and had a lot of fun with it. We didn’t play too well afterwards, but ... I don't know if that was the reason."
The Ravens were winning by a score of 28-6 when the outage occurred in the third quarter. After the lights came back on, the San Francisco 49ers rallied to make the game a nail biter in the final moments, with the score ending up at 34-31.
Letterman asked Flacco if he thought the outage was "suspicious."
"Believe me, don’t get me started," he said. "My dad is a big conspiracy theorist, so, you know, that’s the last thing we need to talk about."
Flacco also weighed in on his contract status and teammate Ray Lewis in a preview released by CBS ahead of Monday's Late Show broadcast (watch the video below). It's unclear if he addressed his dropping the F-bomb on live TV after the game ended.
Late Show airs at 11:35 weeknights. N.J. Gov Chris Christie also appeared on Monday's show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack