Taylor Lautner Nearly Beats New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees in a Game of Pigskin (Video)
The “Twilight” actor – surprisingly – gave the Super Bowl MVP a run for his money on NBC’s “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.”
Taylor Lautner was almost overshadowed during his appearance on NBC’s Late Night With Jimmy Fallon when the New Orleans Saints’ Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees showed up to challenge the teen actor to a game of pigskin.
While promoting the NFL’s Play60 campaign, which works to prevent childhood obesity by encouraging kids to be active for at least 60 minutes a day, Brees and Lautner engaged in a war of football skeet shooting, in which they each fired footballs at plates hurled in the air by Fallon. Lautner took the lead early in the competition, leaving Brees to fight for a sudden death victory in overtime.
Brees celebrated a banner season in 2011, breaking six NFL records and fulfilling the best season ever for a quarterback in the league. Lautner, however, holds “zero NFL passing records” -- as he was so kindly reminded by the show’s host.
This isn’t the first time Lautner has embraced his inner football fan for the sake of comedy. In July, the actor starred in a Funny or Die spoof of Kevin Costner’s 1989 sports flick Field of Dreams, titled “Field of Dreams 2: NFL Lockout.” In the clip, he builds a football field in his backyard where Ray Lewis, DeSean Jackson, Tony Gonzalez and Dwight Freeney come to play.
Watch the unlikely competition in the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR