'Supernatural' Alum to Guest Star on 'Newsroom' (Exclusive)
Actress Lauren Tom will appear in multiple episodes of the Aaron Sorkin drama's second season.
HBO's The Newsroom has enlisted a Supernatural and Futurama vet.
Actress Lauren Tom, who recurred as Kevin's mother on The CW drama and was part of the voice cast for the animated comedy, will be heading to Aaron Sorkin's newsroom drama's sophomore season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Tom will play Kathy Ling, an expert working at the decision desk on election night. She will appear in two episodes.
HBO released an extended preview of the return of the Jeff Daniels-led hourlong, introducing a season-long thread revolving around a wrongful termination lawsuit that jeopardizes the careers and reputations of Will (Daniels) and Charlie (Sam Waterston).
Marcia Gay Harden, Patton Oswalt, newcomer Joel Johnstone and Grace Gummer join the show this season, which co-stars Emily Mortimer, Olivia Munn, John Gallagher Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski and Dev Patel.
Tom is repped by Gersh and Pop Art.
The Newsroom debuts season two at 10 p.m. July 14 on HBO.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR