'Supernatural' Lands 'Men in Trees' Actress for 'Intense' Role (Exclusive)
Lauren Tom will appear in an episode on the new season of the CW drama, debuting in October.
Supernatural is adding to the season eight cast.
Men in Trees actress and Futurama voice regular Lauren Tom has booked an episode on the CW drama's upcoming eighth season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Though details are sketchy, Tom's character -- which could be become recurring -- is described as an "intense" and "overbearing" mother to one of the characters on the show. Her introduction to the Supernatural world is said to be dramatic.
She is expected to begin filming in Vancouver in the next couple of days.
Repped by Gersh and Pop Art Management, Tom -- known primarily for her voice work -- recently wrapped season eight of Comedy Central's Futurama. Other credits include Fox's Napoleon Dynamite, King of the Hill and TNT's Hawthorne.
Supernatural moves to 9 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Oct. 3 following Arrow.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)