'Survivor: Philippines' Winner Revealed
Host Jeff Probst announced the winner of the $1 million prize during Sunday night's live finale.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen Sunday night's episode.]
Survivor: Philippines has crowned its $1 million winner.
Host Jeff Probst announced during Sunday's live finale that Denise Stapley was voted season 25's champion.
The 41-year-old sex therapist from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, beat out professional speaker/author/coach Michael Skupin and former Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel to earn the title of Sole Survivor.
Whelchel, meanwhile, was named the Sprint player of the season, earning her a $100,000 prize. She beat fourth-place finisher Malcolm Freberg by less than 1 percent of the fan vote.
It was also announced that the 26th season, Survivor: Caramoan, will feature 10 fans facing off against 10 favorite players from seasons past.
This season featured three returning players -- Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan -- all of whom had been medically evacuated in previous seasons.
A moment of silence was observed at the start of the live finale in remembrance of the 26 people killed during Friday's school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Gail Speight contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)