'Survivor: Philippines' Winner Revealed
Host Jeff Probst announced the winner of the $1 million prize during Sunday night's live finale.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen Sunday night's episode.]
Survivor: Philippines has crowned its $1 million winner.
Host Jeff Probst announced during Sunday's live finale that Denise Stapley was voted season 25's champion.
The 41-year-old sex therapist from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, beat out professional speaker/author/coach Michael Skupin and former Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel to earn the title of Sole Survivor.
Whelchel, meanwhile, was named the Sprint player of the season, earning her a $100,000 prize. She beat fourth-place finisher Malcolm Freberg by less than 1 percent of the fan vote.
It was also announced that the 26th season, Survivor: Caramoan, will feature 10 fans facing off against 10 favorite players from seasons past.
This season featured three returning players -- Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan -- all of whom had been medically evacuated in previous seasons.
A moment of silence was observed at the start of the live finale in remembrance of the 26 people killed during Friday's school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Gail Speight contributed to this report.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)