TV Ratings: Ravens and Chargers, 'Survivor' Finale Top Sunday
The NBC broadcast dipped from last week's high to a respectable 5.2 rating among adults 18-49, though CBS' lineup, which also included "60 Minutes," won the night overall.
The San Diego Chargers' victory of the Baltimore Ravens last night failed to bring NBC its usual win Sunday night win. The three hour finale and reunion of Survivor: South Pacific, in which Sophie Clark proved victorious, helped CBS top the evening with a nightly average of 4.5 among adults 18-49.
Falling from last week's high of 8.5 in the key demo, NBC's Sunday Night Football posted a 5.2 last night between 8:30 and 11 pm. Overall, NBC rated 4.3 among adults for the night. Falling behind were Fox and ABC, with a 1.8 ad 1.3 respectively.
Fast affiliate ratings are preliminary and likely to be adjusted, which could mean higher scores for NBC's broadcast. The peacock averaged a total audience of 11.7 million to CBS' 15.8 million, though an NFL overrun in the Eastern and Central time zones pushed CBS' lineup by approximately 30 minutes.
Sunday, Dec. 18, Preliminary Overnight Ratings:
CBS: Football overage (26.8 million viewers, 8.0 rating among adults 18-49)
NBC: Football Night in America (9.8 million, 3.4)
ABC: America's Funniest Home Videos (R) (6.5 million, 1.5)
Fox: American Dad ® (4.2 million, 1.5)
CBS: 60 Minutes (18.7 million, 4.5)
Fox: The Cleveland Show (R) (3.6 million, 1.5)
CBS: Survivor: South Pacific (16.4 million, 4.2)
NBC: Football Night in America (10.3 million, 3.7)
Fox: The Simpsons ® (5.0 million, 2.2)
ABC: Once Upon a Time (4.4 million, 1.2)
NBC: Sunday Night Football - Ravens at Chargers (14.6 million, 5.3)
Fox: Allen Gregory (3.3 million, 1.5)
NBC: Sunday Night Football - Ravens at Chargers (14.6 million, 4.1)
CBS: Survivor: South Pacific (13.1 million, 4.1)
Fox: Family Guy ® (4.3 million, 2.1)
ABC: The Santa Clause 3 (3.8 million, 1.1)
Fox: Family Guy ® (4.6 million, 2.1)
NBC: Sunday Night Football - Ravens at Chargers (12.6 million, 5.0)
CBS: Survivor: South Pacific (11.1 million, 3.4)
ABC: The Santa Clause 3 (4.4 million, 1.4)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack