Susan Sarandon to Guest Star on 'Mike & Molly'
The Oscar winner will appear in the fourth season of the CBS comedy as a literary icon.
Susan Sarandon is dropping by Mike & Molly.
The Oscar winner has booked a guest-starring role on the upcoming fourth season of the CBS comedy as an "icon," The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sarandon will appear as J.C. Small, a literary icon and Molly's (Melissa McCarthy) idol. J.C. is described as "part J.D. Salinger with a touch of William Faulkner and a sprinkle of Gore Vidal" and is "a beautiful mind and a tortured soul." The famed novelist gives Molly a lesson in writing neither she nor her family will soon forget.
The casting comes after Sarandon appeared in a major arc on Showtime's departed series, The Big C, in the third season as a cancer survivor. She is also set to appear in McCarthy's upcoming comedy feature, Tammy.
Sarandon, whose TV credits include Rescue Me, E.R., Friends and 30 Rock, won an Academy Award for Dead Man Walking and has been nominated for an Emmy four times. She is repped by ICM Partners.
Mike & Molly returns midseason on CBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR