Sutton Foster Lands Lead in ABC Family Pilot From 'Gilmore Girls' Creator
The Tony Award-winning actress has been cast in Amy Sherman-Palladino's "Bunheads."
Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster has been cast in a new pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
In the ABC Family project, Bunheads, Foster will play Michelle, a Las Vegas showgirl who impulsively marries a man and moves to his sleepy coastal town, taking a role at her mother-in-law's dance school.
Foster is known for her stage work, last starring in the revival Anything Goes, for which she won a Tony. She has starred in several Broadway productions, including Little Women, The Drowsy Chaperone, Shrek the Musical and Young Frankenstein. Her work on Thoroughly Modern Millie also won Foster a Tony.
On the television side, Foster has guest starred on HBO's Flight of the Conchords and NBC's Law & Order: SVU.
ABC Family canceled The Nine Lives of Chloe King, renewed Make It or Break It and ordered more episodes of The Lying Game. It will also kick off its "13 Nights of Halloween" programming event with a standalone episode of Pretty Little Liars.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10