'Switched at Birth' Returns Down, 'Jane By Design' Has OK Debut
A&E's "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and Discovery Channel's "Moonshiners" aired Wednesday.
One day after ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game returned, the cable network launched rookie scripted series Jane By Design following the winter premiere of Switched at Birth.
Created by April Blair, Jane By Design had a better launch than The Lying Game last year, delivering 1.6 million total viewers at 9 p.m. on Tuesday evening. (Lying Game made its series debut with 1.4 million viewers.) In targeted female demos, Jane By Design pulled in solid numbers: women 18-34 (407,000) and women 18-49 (607,000).
Lead-in Switched at Birth returned for the second half of season 1 down from its summer run, averaging 2.7 million viewers at 8 p.m. The drama attracted 756,000 among the younger adults 18-34 demo and 1.3 million in adults 18-49.
Here are some other notable cable ratings:
- On Wednesday, the premiere telecast of the season finale of Discovery Channel's Moonshiners lured 2.9 million viewers at 10 p.m. The season closer was the franchise's highest-rated telecast ever, passing its Dec. 6 episode -- which held the record -- among adults 25-54 (1.7 vs. 1.6 rating).
- Discovery's Sons of Guns drew 2.5 million viewers at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, serving as a lead-in to Moonshiners. That episode rated a 1.4 rating among adults 25-54.
- Wednesday marked the return of A&E's Dog the Bounty Hunter, averaging 2.9 million viewers. Among adults 18-49, the eighth season premiere drew 1.7 million and the same amount in the older adults 25-54.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR