Syfy Commits to Sixth Season of 'Eureka,' No End Date in Sight
The cable network is currently airing Season 4.5 of the veteran sci-fi series, starring Colin Ferguson.
Syfy has committed to a six-episode sixth season of its veteran sci-fi dramedy Eureka, about a town filled with geniuses.
At the moment, the cable network is airing Season 4.5 of the Jaime Paglia and Andrew Cosby-created series, which drew 2 million to its summer premiere last month. Syfy has already ordered a 13-episode fifth season, but will Season 6 be Eureka's last? Not if Syfy has anything to do with it.
"[Producers] Bruce Miller and Jaime Paglia have brought a creative vitality to Eureka that has kept it fresh and inventive," said Mark Stern, president of original content at Syfy, in a statement to THR. "Although we do not have a commitment beyond six episodes for the sixth season, we are hopeful that this will not be the end of the franchise."
Eureka stars Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield and Neil Grayston and debuted on Syfy in July 2006.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR