Syfy Renews 'Paranormal Witness' for a Second Season
The top-rated docudrama will return with 12 episodes in August.
Syfy is giving more life to its hit docudrama Paranormal Witness.
The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has renewed the unscripted series for a second season. It will return with 12 episodes next August.
Paranormal, which brings to life the real stories of people who have lived through paranormal experiences that defy explanation, is coming off a highly rated first season as the net's top-rated unscripted non-franchise freshman with all of the key younger demographics.
The series, which is produced by Raw TV (Locked Up Abroad,Gold Rush Alaska) and counts Dimitri Doganis and Bart Layton as executive producers, averaged 1.7 million total viewers and nearly 1 million in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic, according to Nielsen.
"Paranormal Witness is an edge-of-your-seat television experience and we’re thrilled that viewers made it a standout hit for us this fall,” said the network's president of original content Mark Stern in a statement. “We look forward to working with Dimitri and Bart as we showcase another terrifying round of true-life hauntings.”
"We're thrilled this series is returning; we think it is unlike anything else out there. The stories are totally gripping, visually arresting and genuinely very scary," added Layton and Doganis. "We approach these shows as individual horror movies."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR