Syfy Renews 'Being Human' for Third Season
The 13-episode pickup comes as the supernatural drama continues to posts ratings gains in its second season.
Syfy wants more werewolves, ghosts and vampires.
Supernatural drama Being Human has been renewed for a third season, the cable network announced Wednesday.
Coming less than three weeks after its sophomore season bow posted a 27 percent gain in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic, the Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath and Sam Huntington series has been picked up for 13 additional episodes.
The Jan. 16 Season 2 premiere also posted gains of 15 percent in total viewers and 35 percent in the adults 25-54 demographic, with the episode delivering 2.4 million total viewers and ranking as the second-most-watched episode of any season for the network and up 3 percent compared with the series premiere.
“With the success of Season 2, Being Human has become a premier destination forSyfyviewers,” Syfy president of original content Mark Stern said in a statement announcing the news. “[Executive producers] Jeremy Carver and Anna Fricke have taken this series to new heights this year and we’re excited to see where the third season will go.”
Witwer, Rath and Huntington star as a vampire, ghost and werewolf, respectively, who navigate life together in a Boston brownstone as they strive to live normal lives.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR