'The Talk's' Aisha Tyler to Release Comedy Book
It Books will publish "Self-Inflicted Wounds" in July 2013, the actress' second collection of comedic essays.
Comedian and actress Aisha Tyler signed a deal for Self-Inflicted Wounds, a collection of comic essays.
The book will be published by It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins in July 2013.
The announcement marks Tyler’s second literary effort since the release of Swerve in 2004.
The collection will primarily focus upon the theme of personal advancement despite failure and promises to deliver “poignant life lessons,” while simultaneously inducing laughter.
A regular segment of Tyler’s hit comedy podcast, Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler, inspired the collection's development; during weekly episodes, she asks celebrity guests to detail moments of remarkable failure from their lives.
Tyler is performing on a national comedy tour. She has co-hosted CBS’s The Talk since October 2011 and provides the voice of Lana Kane on FX’s animated series Archer.
Her previous credits include recurring roles on both CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Friends.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)