'The Talk' Co-Host Sara Gilbert Books CBS' 'Bad Teacher' Pilot
Should the single-camera comedy go to series, Gilbert still will continue on the daytime talk show.
Sara Gilbert may be pulling double duty on CBS.
The Talk co-host has landed a role on the network's single-camera comedy pilot Bad Teacher, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Should Bad Teacher be ordered to series, Gilbert will continue on CBS' daytime talker, where she also serves as executive producer.
Based on the 2011 film starring Cameron Diaz, Bad Teacher revolves around a sexy, foul-mouthed divorcee (Ari Graynor) who becomes a teacher to find her next husband.
Gilbert will play Irene, a shy, introverted drama and English teacher who, when activated, can be a bit intense and overly eager. Ryan Hansen and David Alan Grier co-star.
Community's Hilary Winston will pen the script and executive produce the Sony Pictures Television comedy alongside Bad Teacher screenwriters Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky. Sam Hansen and Jimmy Miller also will serve as executive producers.
Gilbert is repped by Gersh, Domain and Framework Entertainment. She isn't the only Talk co-host with multiple projects: Aisha Tyler recently signed on to host The CW's revival of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and Julie Chen also leads summer staple Big Brother.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR