Taye Diggs Heads to 'New Girl'
The "Private Practice" star heads to the Fox comedy as a would-be suitor for Zooey Deschanel's Jess.
New Girl already is lining up obstacles for Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson). The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Fox comedy has cast Taye Diggs to play a potential romantic distraction for the title character.
Diggs, perhaps best known to TV audiences for his starring role on Private Practice, will join New Girl's lengthy roster of guest stars in the seventh episode of the third season for a one-off appearance playing Artie.
Described as a "smooth, confident ladies' man," Artie has his eyes set on Jess, which proves to be problematic for her new relationship with Nick. And New Girl fans, take note: The episode in question also heralds the return of Damon Wayans Jr. The Happy Endings star, who played Coach in the pilot episode, kicks off a multi-episode arc at the same time.
There will be no shortage of Diggs this fall. His upcoming credits include films Baggage Claim and The Best Man Holiday. He is repped by ICM and Management 360.
His episode will likely air in November.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR