Taye Diggs, Kathleen Robertson to Star in Steven Bochco's TNT Drama 'Murder in the First'
The "Private Practice" and "Boss" alums will co-star as homicide detectives in the murder mystery pilot.
Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson are teaming up.
The Private Practice and Boss alums have been tapped to co-star in TNT's Steven Bochco murder mystery pilot Murder in the First, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama revolves two seemingly unrelated high-profile murder cases and the subsequent police investigation, arrest and trial, offering viewers a window into the inner-workings of modern justice in an increasingly complex world.
Diggs will star as Terry Seagrave, a homicide detective who is dealing with his wife's terminal illness. For Terry, being a cop is his one chance to live right and "do good," and the job keeps him focused and off the sadness that tends to preoccupy his thoughts. Robertson will portray Hildy Mulligan, Terry's partner, who is described as self-assured and sexy without knowing it. She's divorced with a young daughter and a fearless detective who is keenly aware that her partner is grappling with a difficult situation. Both actors received multiple pilot offers this casting season.
Bochco (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues) will pen the pilot alongside Eric Lodal (Lawless) and executive produce. Lodal will co-exec produce the TNT-produced drama.
For Diggs, the role marks his follow-up to ABC's Shonda Rhimes medical drama Private Practice, on which he played Sam for six seasons. The drama ended its run in January. He becomes the latest Private alum to book a pilot, joining KaDee Strickland, who is poised to star in NBC's Peter Berg pulp thriller Bloodline; and his former on-screen wife Audra McDonald, who will co-star in CBS' drama The Ordained, among others. Diggs (Rent, Chicago) is repped by ICM Partners.
Robertson, meanwhile, is fresh off Starz's Kelsey Grammer drama Boss, where she played his former aide. Her former co-star, Hannah Ware, also has landed a pilot this season, booking the starring role in ABC's Betrayal. Starz canceled the drama in November following two low-rated but critically praised seasons.
The Beverly Hills, 90210, grad is repped by Innovative Artists, Untitled and Lichter Grossman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!