Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum Among CMT's Artists of the Year
Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, and Brad Paisley round out the network's list.
CMT has named Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley and Taylor Swift its Artists of the Year. The network will honor the performers in a 90-minute special, CMT Artists of the Year, on Tuesday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m.
The network ranked the artists by album sales, country radio airplay, concert sales gross, and user activity on CMT.com, including video plays, searches and artist page views. It then narrowed its list to the top performers across all categories.
According to CMT’s data over the past 12 months, the artists named have collectively received more than 2.7 million spins of their current songs; sold more than 9 million copies of their current albums; sold more than 20 million individual downloads of their current singles; and have attracted 10.2 million video streams, in addition to topping both the touring and CMT.com charts.
Aldean, Lady Antebellum, and Swift were also last year’s CMT Artists of the Year alongside Carrie Underwood and the Zac Brown Band.
CMT Artists of the Year is produced by Rac Clark with executive producers, CMT’s John Hamlin and Margaret Comeaux.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR