TBS Appeals to 'Hobbit' Fans to Promote 'King of the Nerds' (Exclusive Video)
The trailer for the unscripted series hosted by "Revenge of the Nerds" duo Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong will air during previews of the "Hobbit," with a short version airing on sibling network TNT during "The Lord of the Rings."
TBS is appealing to Hobbit moviegoers to launch its geek-themed King of the Nerds.
The trailer for the upcoming reality competition series, hosted by Revenge of the Nerds duo Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong, will unspool Friday during previews ahead of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.
The clip, seen below exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, features the 11 contestants competing to be crowned the quintessential master of all things nerdy and a cash prize of $100,000. The contestants will shack up in what TBS has dubbed "Nerdvana" and face challenges including a giant game of chess, debate, live gaming and (gasp!) a dance-off.
The series, which will be guest judged by Star Trek's George Takei, Kevin Smith and his frequent collaborator Jason Mewes, is exec produced by Electus' Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox and 5X5 Media's Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong as well as Carradine and Armstrong.
The eight-episode series will debut Thursday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. on TBS. Watch the Hobbit-themed trailer, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Will you tune in?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR