TBS and Marlon Wayans Partner for Comedy Competition
"Funniest Wins" (working title) gets a series order on the cable network as it continues to make a push into unscripted.
Marlon Wayans is heading to TBS. The comedian, actor and WhatTheFunny.com founder is teaming up with the Turner network for a new unscripted series set to launch this summer.
Funniest Wins (working title) puts Wayans, other members of the Wayans family and their comedian friends on a search to find new comedy talent. It joins TBS's other comedic reality competitions King of the Nerds and Deal With It -- both returning for sophomore seasons.
The eight-episode order comes to TBS from Workaholic/Marlon and Eyeworks USA. Wayans, Rick Alvarez and Lisa Blum will all serve as exec producers for Workaholic/Marlon, and JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and Adam Kaloustian are executive producing for Eyeworks USA. Steve Harris is producing.
Each week will see a group of amateur comedians whittled down until one is ultimately crowned winner. And the victor will have the chance to star in an online series on Wayans' digital hub.
The addition of Funniest Wins comes as both TNT and TBS continue to beef up their unscripted and alternative offerings.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR