TBS Renews Reality Competition 'King of the Nerds'
The series from executive producer Ben Silverman will get an eight-episode sophomore run in 2014.
King of the Nerds will have an extended reign at TBS.
The cable network said Monday that the freshman reality series has been renewed for a second season. The news comes a little more than a month after Nerds' premiere.
New ground for the Turner-owned network, King of the Nerds is the first of several new unscripted series to come to TBS in 2013. The series has performed solidly in Live+Same Day ratings and has grown to an average audience of 2.1 million viewers in Live+7 -- with 1.3 million of them adults 18-to-49.
King of the Nerds, which is being distributed internationally, comes to the network from Electus and 5X5 Media. Ben Silverman, Chris Grant, Jimmy Fox, Craig Armstrong and Rick Ringbakk are executive producers.
Revenge of the Nerds stars Armstrong and Robert Carradine host the series, which pits nerd against nerd in a series of challenges designed to determine the nerdiest and award them $100,000.
After it wraps its current run March 7, King of the Nerds is slated to return in 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR