TBS' 'Sullivan & Son' Promotes Pair for Season 2 (Exclusive)
Comedians Roy Wood Jr. and Ahmed Ahmed both recurred during the freshman season of the Steve Byrne starrer.
TBS' Sullivan & Son is promoting a pair for season two.
Comedians Roy Wood Jr. and Ahmed Ahmed have been upped to series regulars for its sophomore run, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Wood recurred as Roy, the best friend of lawyer-turned-bar owner Steve Sullivan (Steve Byrne) who despite running a video rental store, spends his time drinking at the bar. Ahmed played Ahmed Nassar, a bar regular and Steve and Owen's (Owen Benjamin) childhood friend.
Production on season two resumes in March with new episodes slated to return in the summer on TBS. A specific premiere date has yet to be determined. TBS renewed the comedy, from executive producer Vince Vaughn, in September for a second season of 10 episodes.
Wood (Last Comic Standing) is repped by Gersh; Ahmed (Punk'd) is with CAA and Farah Films & Management.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR