TCA 2012: Style Renews 'Big Rich Texas,' Orders Georgia Spinoff
The NBCUniversal-owned cable network also announced the premiere date for its Betsey Johnson docuseries.
Style is going bigger with its Big Rich Texas series.
The NBCUniversal-owned cable network on Wednesday renewed the docuseries for a third season and announced a spinoff, Big Rich Georgia, during its presentation to reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills.
Big Rich Texas, which will pick up with new mother-daughter teams as they take on queens of Dallas society, will return Oct. 7 on Style. The network's Georgia-set spinoff, due in the first quarter of next year, will center its action inside Buckhead Country Club, where mothers and daughters do what it takes to stay atop the social scene.
In addition, the newly-rebranded network which also picked up off-network rights to cult series Gossip Girl, announced that production on docuseries Betsey + Lulu, revolving around fashion icon Betsey Johnson and her daughter, Lulu, will begin production in August for a first-quarter 2013 bow.
The network in June announced a rebranding with the tagline "Work it. Love it. Style it," and an effort to increase new programming by 25 percent -- mainly focusing on style experts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR