TCA: Fox's Spring Comedy Panel Brings the Laughs
The cast and creators from "Raising Hope," "New Girl" and "Breaking In" on being "adorkable," crafting their characters and seeing more naked Schmidt.
In addition to talking inspiration and teasers about what's coming up in the spring, Fox's Tuesday night comedy panel also touched on the crazy and absurd -- tarantulas on babies, a Season 2 fairy and more.
Featuring Raising Hope's Garret Dillahunt, Martha Plimpton and Greg Garcia; New Girl's Zooey Deschanel and Liz Meriwether; and Breaking In's Megan Mullally, Christian Slater and Adam F. Goldberg, here are 10 of the funniest quotes from the session.
1. "My first day of shooting was yesterday, all I can say is that I am adorkable." -- Mullally on her new Breaking In character, referencing Fox's New Girl marketing and Deschanel's summer 2010 "adorkable" TCA panel.
2. "I do believe in fairies! I do believe in fairies!" -- Slater revealing the voice mail he left for exec producer Goldberg after getting word the series had been brought back from the dead for a second season.
3. "April's going to be rape month on Fox!" -- Meriwether joking about Fox's upcoming story lines.
4. "Yes, I will be doing the Party Down movie." -- Mullally. "A Party Down movie?! That's awesome!" -- Meriwether
5. "We had a tarantula crawl over her face while she's sleeping and she didn't budge. … The babies hate the tarantulas … they're a couple of pussies!" -- Garcia on what Hope's Cloris Leachman and the babies would do.
6. "Aren't we all?!" -- Plimpton after being asked if she thinks her Hope character Virginia Chance is adorkable, too.
7. "I just pulled it right out of my ass!" -- Mullally on developing her character.
8. "We put clothes on him but he just keeps taking them off; we have a big naked moment coming up," Meriwether on what's coming up for Max Greenfield's Schmidt.
9. "I want to make sure I say this in a public forum: Please, more of it!" Hope's Garcia expressing his demand that New Girl's Schmidt appear naked on screen more often.
10. "First of all, f--- you, do you know who I am?!" -- Garcia, sharing a conversation he had with his 11-year-old son who says Schmidt's "tiny nipples" make New Girl the "funniest show on TV."
The second season of Breaking In joins Fox's Tuesday lineup March 6, airing at 8:30 p.m., between encore and original episodes of New Girl while Glee is on its spring hiatus.
Sundance: On the Scene