Tea Leoni to Star in CBS' 'Madam Secretary'
The actress will play the secretary of state in the drama from "Homeland's" Barbara Hall and Morgan Freeman.
CBS has found its secretary of state.
Tea Leoni has been tapped to star in the network's Madam Secretary drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Homeland's Barbara Hall, Madam Secretary centers on the personal and professional life of a maverick female secretary of state as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics and balances a complex family life.
Leoni will play Elizabeth Faulkner McGill, a teacher turned secretary of state who is described as striking in every way and full of passion for everything she does.
Hall will pen the script and executive produce the CBS Television Studios and Revelations Entertainment drama (which is in first position to Showtime's Homeland) alongside Morgan Freeman, Lori McCreary and Tracy Mercer.
For Leoni, the pilot marks the actress' return to the small screen following her roles on Flying Blind and The Naked Truth. Her big-screen credits include Deep Impact, Bad Boys, Spanglish and Tower Heist. She's repped by UTA, Mosaic and Hirsch Wallerstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)