MTV's 'Teen Mom 2' Premiere Is Series' Most-Watched, Discovery Channel's 'American Chopper' Delivers
Both primetime cable offerings on Tuesday night helped their respective networks draw big ratings.
MTV's Teen Mom 2 shows no signs of slowing down.
The second season premiere was the franchise's most-watched opener in its young history (that includes Teen Mom), drawing 4.2 million total viewers on Tuesday evening at 10 p.m. for the cable network. In the persons 12-34 demographic, Teen Mom 2 drew a 4.1 rating and in the adults 18-49 demo, the premiere posted a 2.4.
Compared to Teen Mom 2's series debut in January, the season premiere posted a 21 percent increase. To raise awareness of its return, MTV will repeat the premiere at 9 and 11 p.m. on Wednesday night.
Discovery Channel's special live episode of American Chopper Live: The Build-Off at 9 p.m. drew 4.8 million viewers. The episode featured a three-way competition between Jesse James, Paul Teutel Sr. and Paul Teutel Jr.
Boosted by the strong performance of American Chopper Live, the debut of Moonshiners at 10 p.m. was the network's highest-rated launch among total viewers, adults 18-49 and the younger 18-34 demos. The episode averaged 2.8 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR