'Teen Mom' Scores Most-Watched Premiere in Franchise History
More than 3.6 million viewers watched the third season debut, making it No. 1 program on cable on Tuesday among viewers 12-34 and the top-rated program across all of TV among female viewers aged 12-34.
The third season premiere of MTV’s Teen Mom on July 5 was the most-watched debut in franchise history with 3.65 million viewers tuning in.
That made Teen Mom the No. 1 program on cable on Tuesday among viewers 12-34 and the top-rated program across all of television among female viewers aged 12-34.
The premiere was down slightly compared to the second season average of 3.8 million viewers. But it’s nevertheless a healthy bow for the MTV franchise, which has traditionally trended up as the season progresses. The second season finale pulled in more than five million viewers.
The third season features many familiar faces including Farah Abraham, Amber Portwood, Maci Bookout and Catelynn Lowell. Abraham revealed that she’ll undergo breast augmentation surgery, while Portwood and Gary Shirley, the father of her child, enter therapy.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR