Teen Nick's '90s TV Revival a Big Hit With Viewers
"Doug," "Clarissa Explains It All" and more classic shows air after midnight and become trending topics on Twitter and Google.
Teen Nick began re-airing their hit shows from the '90s at midnight Monday and into Tuesday morning -- and fans couldn't get enough, according to Twitter.
Wrote OTiSgotERsprUNg, "Teen Nick won on so many levels last night #iaintlyin"
Added MsFPierre Fabs, "Could barely wake up this morning effin around with teen nick & their 90s shows last night smh"
DeeRichie: "I see ima have to take a nap today so I can stay up & watch Teen Nick tonight lol,"
MissDimplez: "This new-old Teen Nick programming is a smart move by @NickCannon."
MeronERITREA: "I blame Teen Nick for my lack of sleep! I felt like it was the 90's again!"
MiZZkARRiBABY: "Gm sleep like a happy kid cause i woke watching all my old shows tv still on teen nick."
ieppenbaugh: "Considering how tired I am, was it worth staying up super late to watch Nickelodeon's Teen Nick programming? Absolutely."
LizzQuest Elizabeth J.: "Teen Nick was #AMAZING last night that's when tv was good...can't wait til they start airing new Hey Arnold episodes :))"
missnaturalle: "I stayed up until 2 last night when I usually go to bed at 12. I'm recording Teen Nick tonight lol"
MileyLikeABoss: "I wouldn't mind if they changed teen nick into a 90s rerun channel."
LaLahMusic: "Woooooooow!!! They are really maker me feel like a kid again with these throwback 90s Teen Nick shows!! :-D I may never go to sleep lol"
xoAndrea_ Drea: "This may be sad, but this is probably one of the best (if not the best) nights of this summer for me. LMAO. Thank you, Teen Nick. :)"
As of Tuesday morning, Doug has been the No. 1 Google trend, and Kenan & Kel and Teen Nick were trending on Twitter.
In announcing the decision to rebroadcast the shows, Keith Dawkins, senior VP and general manager of TeenNick, said earlier: "At the time, we were completely devoted to that audience ages 9, 10, and 11. It was ground-breaking and for the young viewers, a powerful and pivotal time in their lives. Those kids who are now 22, 23 and 24 want to bring that back.”
Going forward, the network will air '90s reruns from 12 a.m. EST to 4 a.m. ET from Monday to Sunday in a block called "The 90s Are All That." Shows include Doug, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Double Dare, The Ren & Stimpy Show and Salute Your Shorts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)