MTV Renews 'Teen Wolf'
The supernatural teen drama has been given the green light for a third season.
MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a third season.
The cable network said during its Comic-Con panel Thursday that it has ordered 24 more episodes for the supernatural teen drama from executive producer Jeff Davis. This doubles the episode count from the first two seasons.
“Teen Wolf represents a terrific foray into the scripted world for the millennial MTV audience and marks tremendous success in the continued diversification of our schedule,” said David Janollari, head of MTV programming. “Renewing the show for a third season celebrates the creative vision of executive producer Jeff Davis and the remarkable talent of the cast who bring this bona fide fan favorite to life.”
Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden and Colton Haynes co-star in the series that centers on social outsider Scott McCall (Posey), whose life changes when he turns into a werewolf.
Currently in the middle of its second season, Teen Wolf is averaging 1.8 million weekly viewers on Monday nights. The season launched following the MTV Movie Awards this year, a move that MTV also employed for its debut in 2011.
Teen Wolf is the top series in its time period among the net's 12-34 demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack