Telma Hopkins Set as Martin Lawrence's Mother in FX Comedy (Exclusive)
She joins the network's 10/90 series "Braddock & Jackson," co-starring Kelsey Grammer.
Telma Hopkins is headed for FX.
The sitcom veteran has joined the cast of FX's Martin Lawrence-Kelsey Grammer comedy Braddock & Jackson, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The odd couple comedy stars Grammer (Pete Braddock) and Lawrence (Phillip Jackson) as Chicago lawyers from vastly different backgrounds who unexpectedly meet in court on the worst day of their lives. Brought together by fate and greed, they develop a partnership and a friendship, forcing each other to find the balance between the ethical and the unscrupulous in their professional and personal lives. If the multicamera comedy, from Lionsgate Television and Debmar-Mercury, hits a certain ratings threshold with its initial straight-to-series 10-episode run, 90 more will be ordered automatically.
Hopkins will play the series regular role of Ruth Jackson, the outspoken mother to Lawrence's Phillip. The character has lived with him through his 22-year marriage and continues to do so following his recent separation from his wife. A true force to be reckoned with, she's never one to hold back on expressing strong opinions about her son's life and choices.
Hopkins has had starring roles in Family Matters, Half & Half and Are We There Yet and has appeared in Bosom Buddies, Gimme a Break! and Getting By. She's repped by Innovative and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
The actress joins a cast that also includes Edi Patterson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)