Food Network Continues Interactive Thanksgiving Special
Hosted by Alton Brown, Sunday's two-hour broadcast finds Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis and Rachael Ray answering viewer questions in real time as they prepare holiday meals.
As Americans coast-to-coast prepare for what could be their biggest meal of the year, the Food Network is enlisting the help of its biggest stars for an interactive, two-hour Sunday special.
Hosted by Alton Brown, Thanksgiving Live airs Sunday, Nov. 18, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET, with a web pre-show beginning at 11:30 a.m. ET. During the televised broadcast, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray and more will answer viewer questions in real time, as submitted via Twitter, Facebook and Skype.
"Our mission on a regular basis is to provide ideas and inspiration around cooking, but that gets taken to a whole new level on Thanksgiving," Susie Fogelson, Food Network's svp, marketing, tells The Hollywood Reporter. In addition to a constantly-running Thanksgiving theme currently on air, the second annual Thanksgiving Live allows viewers to get engaged on multiple levels, including online polling and the opportunity to share traditions with other viewers.
"We don't do a lot of live programming," says Fogelson. "I think we've always been intrigued by the idea that there's weeks leading up to Thanksgiving where you just need a coach, or you need a sherpa, or you need someone at your elbow just helping you kick things up a little bit. Maybe they help you rethink things or finally solve that problem of, 'Why is my stuffing always dry?' or 'Why is my bird always raw in the center?' or whatever it might be."
Other tips and tricks to be addressed include food and wine pairing, and the best tools for the kitchen.
And while foodies who miss Sunday's live showing may miss the opportunity to personally get involved, the Food Network will re-air the special on Monday, Nov. 19, at 4 p.m. and Wednesday, Nov. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game