Showtime's 'The Big C' Enlists Allison Janney
The Emmy winner will guest star in an episode of the Laura Linney series as a Hollywood producer.
Showtime's The Big C has added another big-name guest star for its upcoming third season.
Four-time Emmy winner Allison Janney (The West Wing) has booked a guest-starring role in the dramedy about a woman living with cancer. Janney will play a successful Hollywood producer who wants to buy Cathy (Laura Linney) and Paul's (Oliver Platt) life rights to adapt their story into a feature film.
The series, which ended its second season with Paul suffering a heart attack and opens with Cathy receiving a good prognosis from her clinical trial, has already enlisted Oscar winner Susan Sarandon to play Joy, a cancer survivor who is using her unique experience to inspire and motivate others. The casting continues the series' history with booking big-name guest stars in roles that significantly impact Cathy's character.
In addition to Sarandon, Janney joins Emmy nominee Victor Garber as guest stars already lined up for season three of The Big C. Garber will appear in the premiere as a foil for Sean (John Benjamin Hickey) when an accidental phone call "leads to a harassing situation."
The guesting gig comes as Janney has already lined up a pilot this season. She'll co-star with Tony Shalhoub in NBC's Greg Daniels comedy Friday Night Dinner.
The Big C begins its third season on Sunday, April 8 at 9:30 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR