TV Ratings: Fox's 'The Choice' Wins Hour, ABC's 'Duets' Flounders
The George Lopez-hosted series "Take Me Out" and NBC's new hospital drama "Saving Hope" also launch.
Fox got into the summer game by debuting two dating series, the George Lopez-hosted Take Me Out and the Cat Deeley-led The Choice. How'd they do against the competition?
For the most part, Take Me Out (3.3 million total viewers, 1.3 in adults 18-49 demo) was up from the network's launch of Buried Treasure last summer in the demo (1.3 vs. 1.0), but the premiere was still beaten by CBS repeats of The Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls in the 8 p.m. hour. Even so, the Voice-like dating series The Choice (4.2 million, 1.7) managed to grow 31 percent from its lead-in and won the 9 p.m. time period.
ABC's two-hour musical competition series Duets (5.4 million, 1.3) continued to flounder, dropping 20 percent from the previous week and hitting a series low. Canadian cop drama Rookie Blue (5.4 million, 1.3) slid 7 percent from its last original episode.
NBC debuted supernatural hospital drama Saving Hope, starring Erica Durance, and the numbers were anemic. Drawing 3.1 million in the 9 p.m. hour and posting just a 0.7 rating in the demo, the scripted series was a distant fourth in the period. Rock Center With Brian Williams (3.2 million, 0.7) premiered in its new 10 p.m. slot by retaining all of its lead-in's audience.
The CW's real-life Center Stage series Breaking Pointe averaged 687,000 viewers and 0.2 for the second episode, dropping from last week's 0.3 demo rating.
CBS edged out the competition with a strong repeat lineup with a 1.6, with Fox close behind averaging a 1.5. ABC (1.2) placed third on the night, with NBC (0.7) and the CW (0.2) following.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)