'The Closer': Kyra Sedgwick Bids an Emotional Farewell After Seven Seasons (Video)
The actress reflects on the last several years toplining the TNT drama, which returns for the final six episodes Monday.
Kyra Sedgwick is moving on from The Closer.
As the final six episodes of the TNT drama kick off Monday evening, Sedgwick reflects on seven seasons playing Brenda Leigh Johnson.
"I certainly think that this last season, these last six episodes, the journey's right. The ending's right," Sedgwick says.
When asked what she would want to take away from her experience leading the series, the actress admitted that there wasn't a physical object from the set that could serve as a symbol for her time on the show.
"I can't think of a material thing I would want," she says. "I think everyone has a really great work ethic and I think we admire and respect each other."
Sedgwick begins to break down when she talks about the crew. "When we're doing our first rehearsal in the morning, I sit and we do the rehearsal and then we call the crew in and they all watch around the circle," she says. "I often look around at each of their faces and they've all touched me very deeply so I would love to box them all up and take them home."
The Closer returns for six more episodes 9 p.m. Monday on TNT. The series finale airs Aug. 13.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR