Discovery Channel's 'The Gatekeepers' Takes Close Look at the White House Chiefs of Staff
Rahm Emanuel, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney in addition to Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush are among the interviews planned for the cable channel special.
Discovery Channel will focus on the men behind the U.S. presidency in its special The Gatekeepers, premiering next year.
Gatekeepers will take a look at the role of White House chiefs of staff, spanning at least nine administrations.
Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush as well as former chiefs of staff including Rahm Emanuel, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, James Baker III, John Sununu and Mack McLarty will interview for the project.
“When Discovery does history, it’s about great storytelling,” Discovery and TLC Networks Group president Eileen O’Neill says. “That’s why I am so excited about The Gatekeepers. We are working with the best filmmakers in the business, offering the ultimate insider’s guide to the modern presidency.”
Goldfish Pictures and CCWHIP Productions are producing the project for Discovery Channel with executive producers Gedeon and Jules Naudet (9/11), Chris Whipple and producer David Hume Kennerly. Brooke Runnette will serve as EP for Discovery.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR