Showtime Sets TV Premiere for 'The Help'
The Oscar-winning drama debuts on the pay cable network this summer.
Coming up on the one-year anniversary of its theatrical release, The Help has solidified a time and place for its TV premiere.
The best picture nominee, which earned a supporting actress Oscar for Octavia Spencer, will premiere June 24 at 10 p.m. ET on Showtime.
Also starring Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek and Cicely Tyson, The Help took in just south of $170 million in the U.S. box office and topped ticket sales for 25 days straight.
The Help, based on the best-selling book of the same name by Kathryn Stockett, garnered multiple nominations and wins over the recent award seasons -- including nods at the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, NAACP Image Awards and the Screen Actors Guild.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR