Catherine Tate Set to Return to 'The Office' as Series Regular
Since her character's introduction in the season 7 finale, she has appeared in a handful of episodes.
More Nellie Bertram is on the way.
When The Office returns for its ninth season, expect Catherine Tate to be back in a bigger role, The Hollywood Reporter confirms -- as in, series regular status.
Over the course of two seasons, Tate -- whose first appearance was in the season-seven finale "Search Committee" -- has appeared in more than 10 episodes of the veteran NBC comedy.
The news solidifies the returns of all of The Office's major players, minus executive producer/star Mindy Kaling, who will be toplining Fox comedy The Mindy Project this fall, and James Spader, who exited after season's end.
The series also recently tapped two executive producers, Dan Sterling and Brent Forrester, for the new season.
TVLine first reported the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game