'The Talk:' 'Bridesmaids'' Ellie Kemper Tells Hosts Her Wedding Horror Stories
She also jokes of her kissing scene with Wendi McLendon-Covey: "I thought it was going to be a half-hour clip of us making out."
Ellie Kemper swung by CBS' The Talk Monday to discuss Bridesmaids, which just topped the DVD sales charts.
"I can't believe I was a part of that movie!" said co-host Carnie Wilson. Wilson Phillips' "Hold On" is performed at Maya Rudolph's wedding at the end of the movie.
"What an incredible night," agreed Kemper, who also stars on NBC's The Office. "It was like a private concert. That was a surreal night."
Kemper says it's "very exciting" that "people seem to like" the comedy, which has grossed more than $286 million worldwide.
She admits filming her kissing scene with Wendi McLendon-Covey was a bit awkward.
"I was scared. I have not done a lot of kissing scenes. I always have this sense of, like, 'Are we actually dating now?'" Kemper joked. "We kissed for a long time. I was lost in her lips. In the actual movie, it was not that long. But I thought it was going to be this half-hour clip of us making out!"
Kemper has a few bridesmaid horror stories of her own, including one in which she was at a wedding, and it was so hot, she went in the bathroom and took off her dress. When she tried to yank it back on, the zipper broke.
"It was bad," she laughed. "The groom's mother ran out to Duane Reade and got a needle and thread and sewed me back in!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!